Business history tells us that when we want to unleash productivity, innovation and growth, there are tangible levers we can pull to get to predictable outcomes. Yet it is in harnessing ‘people power’ - the messy, intangible, soft factors - that we get to unpredictable and arguably better outcomes.
These are not skills that can be taught but can only be learnt through experience. At a time of deep change that demands reinvention, how do we reinvent not just ourselves but our companies and teams?
In this fireside chat with Mr. R. Gopalakrishnan - distinguished management guru, corporate advisor, author, speaker and veteran of Hindustan Unilever and the Tata Group - Sonya Misquitta, founder of Studio Jigsaw, unpacks the themes in his latest book, Pivots for Career Success: Unleashing People Power.
- Why individuals and companies need to reinvent
- Why strategy planning must imagine the future and work backwards
- Why we have too much data and too little ‘sense-making’; why narrative matters in sense-making
- Why innovation needs a culture of questioning
- Why the big will not beat the small but the fast will beat the slow
- Why we need human intuition in an age of AI
This event was jointly hosted by the LSE Alumni Association - Mumbai Chapter and The Quorum Mumbai on 28th July 2023.